ENVIRONMENT AGENCY: REPORTS ON RIVERS MOLE, THAMES AND WEY, 1935-2003
The following describes the contents of this collection in the Surrey History Centre archives. Access restrictions may apply. For more information, see our Access to Records Policy.
Help with searching
- SHC Ref No: 9508
- Repository: Surrey History Centre, Woking
- Date: 1935-2003
- Admin History: The Environment Agency, was formed on 1 April 1996 under the Environment Act 1995 and superseded the National Rivers Authority. Its remit is the protection of the environment in England from flooding and pollution.
- Level: Collection
- Related Material: For additional photographs of floods in Surrey between 1947 and 1968, see CC547/1; For flood alleviation plans relating to East and West Molesey and the River Mole, 1968-1971, see 3488/5-6 and 4391/3. Photographs and newspaper cuttings relating to the 1968 floods in Molesey can be found at 3696/19/-; for Surrey County Council report on flooding in Surrey in 1968, see CC62/1/1; for Surrey Constabulary report on the 1968 floods, see CC1104/1; for River Wey Improvements, 1929-1969, see 3597/-; and for the Ember Court Action Group, 1976-1980, see 8416/-.
- Access Status: Open. There are no access restrictions.
- Provenance: Presented by the Records Manager, Environment Agency in September 2015.
- For more information contact: Surrey History Centre
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
If you are unable to visit Surrey History Centre to consult our records, we offer a paid research service to search a range of historical documents and local studies collections for names, properties, or topics on your behalf. Our fees range from £20 for half an hour’s research to £120 for three hours’ research. Please search our catalogue and then contact us below to check if we hold relevant records for your research. If we are able to help, we will send you a quote with a link to the online payment page.Copying services
We offer a digital copying service, as well as photocopies, microform copies and certified copies of baptism and marriage certificates. Please refer to our table of fees and then contact us below to check the suitability for copying. If we are able to help, we will send you a quote with a link to the online payment page.Contact us