SHC Reference6818/5/
TitleREIGATE ISOLATION HOSPITAL, OTHERWISE REIGATE INFECTIOUS DISEASES HOSPITAL
DescriptionAn isolation hospital was constructed at the joint expense of Reigate Borough and Reigate Rural Sanitary Authority at Whitebushes, Earlswood, south of Reigate town, in 1884 (Dulake, op. cit., pp125-126): a small development is shown on the 1896 Ordnance Survey 25" Surrey series XXXIV.8. Re-building took place in 1901, and by the 1913 Ordnance Survey edition, a complex of buildings comprising 'corporation' [borough] and 'rural district' isolation hospitals occupied this site.

Overall management of the hospital was apparently assumed by Reigate Joint Hospital Board at the date of the documents listed here, until 1948. Redhill Group Hospital Management Committee, after considering administering the hospital as part of the Redhill County Hospital, transferred the site to University College Hospital as part of their accommodation for the treatment of tropical diseases in April 1950 [see -/2/1].
Date1927-1928
LevelSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018